Our team are working hard to ensure that DGA is following all current government and British Gymnastics guidance in relation to Covid-19. Please see below the following processes that we have put in place to ensure the health and safety of our staff and members.
- Nobody is to attend the club if they are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have had a positive test. They must self isolate for the recommended period and inform the club as soon as possible. If someone has tested positive within 48hrs of attending the club we will inform the class coach and participants that they may have been a close contact and encourage them to get tested.
- Our car park remains closed to avoid congestion. Please park on Callywhite Lane and walk the short distance up to the gym.
- Please arrive as close to your class time as possible and avoid congregating in communal areas such as the car park and corridors.
- Anyone choosing to use our viewing gallery and/or cafe will be encouraged to continue to use face coverings (unless exempt) when not eating or drinking, use the hand sanitiser provided and 'check in' on the NHS track and trace app due to this being an enclosed area.
- Coaches are no longer required to wear face coverings when in close proximity to gymnasts however my do if they choose to do so or if we have special requests from vulnerable members.
- We are no longer obliged to obey social distancing rules however, where possible, we will aim to continue to do so.
- Participants, coaches and spectators will be encouraged to continue to sanitise their hands on the way into the building and following their class using the hand gel stations provided .
- Our changing rooms will reopen.
- Our chalk bowls will be reinstated and participants will no longer be required to bring their own chalk but can do so if they wish.
- The whole gym will continue to be deep cleaned twice per week.
- Doors and windows will be left open throughout the club as much as possible to aid ventilation. We also have ceiling fans which will be used if doors/windows cannot be left open due to low temperatures.
- Participants will continue to leave the gym via the rear fire door and will need to be collected from the far side of the car park (by the fence). Coaches will need to get back to the gym as soon as possible to start their next class. If you need to contact the club please do so via email or telephone.
We really appreciate your patience and cooperation with our new ways of working. If you have any concerns or questions please do not hesitate to contact us directly to discuss these.
DGA reserve the right to deny access to the club to anyone who is showing symptoms of Covid-19 or who are not actively follow these rules.
Information relating to missed sessions due to Coronavirus
- If a DGA member has to miss a class/classes due to self isolating rules their class fees must continue to be paid in full and the usual club cancellation policy will apply.
- If DGA are unable to provide a face to face class/classes due to Covid-19, the class/classes will automatically be delivered via Zoom, full class fees will be due and the usual club cancellation policy will apply unless otherwise stated.
Last updated November 2021